We've got a big announcement for you guys today! As you're aware, we've been making great advancements in the Woopra client application with the Woopra 1.3 Release Candidate, and we're getting so much great feedback that we're going to add a few more features before pushing it out to everyone.
While we've been paying attention to the desktop we don't want you to think we've forgotten about your needs when you are away from your computer! As Lorelle recently hinted, today we're announcing general availability for the latest thing to come from the iFusion Labs... Woopra Web-based Analytics!
So, what's the big deal about Web analytics, right? I mean lots of people have that! Well, not like this!
The new Woopra Web Analytics incorporate many of the features you love about the desktop client right into a Web based applet including:
- LIVE visitor reporting! That's right, the Web analytics are Live, all the time. Your visitor count and daily stats are continuously updated while you use it.
- Real time visitor mapping! Thanks to Google's generous API, we are able to overlay your visitor data right on a map with complete Google Map functionality. Like the ability to zoom into street level on a particular visitor! In testing I found it to be accurate to within about a 10 mile radius. Keep in mind it's not the visitor's location, but the location of the visitors Internet up-connect point.
- Segmentation analysis: When you only want to look at the statistics for a certain user group, like only Firefox users, or only users from the US, you can create a filter to see that data.
- Complete historical stats: You can run full historical reports complete with variable graphing from within the Web analytics. For example, the report below is from the Visitors tab, showing Tagged visitors within a specific date range.
Viewing the New Woopra Web Analytics
If you'd like to see your site's analytics using the Web applet:
- Visit the Woopra Members area.
- Next to the website you'd like to check, click View Stats.
- It will popup a window and load the visual web version of Woopra stats.
You must have Flash enabled for this to work. If you are using a Flash blocker, add woopra.com to your whitelist.
Eventually we will also update the WordPress Plugin to allow these stats to be embedded within your WordPress blog in place of the older version, and we'll also make it available to developers so other popular CMS, Forums and plugin-enabled sites can have the same functionality.
A few things to keep in mind!
- The new Web based analytics have been tested by a small group of people across Linux, Mac and PCs using Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome and IE. There are some slight variations across the different platforms, but everything seems to be working so far.
- Considering that this is a brand new extension of the service, I'm 100% certain that there are going to be things that don't work for some people. Please be patient and report any bugs over on the Forums in the post on Web Analytics App Feedback and Bug Reports.
- We've got additional functionality planned for the Web analytics, but if you have suggestions for us, please let us know!
I hope everyone enjoys this new functionality as much as I do. I've had the good fortune to be able to play with it throughout the development and it really comes in handy when you're away from your desktop.